Emerging Leaders Program
Roads Australia is proud to host a stellar 2020 Emerging Leaders Program, providing the next generation of industry leaders with a range of networking events, informative webinars and podcasts, as well as group mentoring sessions.
To view all upcoming events, head to our events page.
- to provide opportunities for our emerging leaders to improve their networking skills;
- to hear from industry leaders regarding new trends or industry innovations;
- to broaden their knowledge and understanding of career opportunities and options in the industry;
- to encourage diversity in the industry and deliver on our commitment to foster young talent;
- to further entrench the 'giving back' philosophy among members, including from our Fellows who support the Emerging Leaders Program as part of their Fellowship;
- to add value to RA membership by increasing the depth of our engagement within our members' organisations (as opposed to only engaging with senior management).
Emerging Leaders 'PPP' Award - Promise, Passion and Pursuit
To support the development of young leaders in our industry, RA offers the opportunity for one emerging leader annually to engage in a 12-month industry exposure and ambassador experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to observe and understand how leaders interact and make decisions, and to play an integral role in the growth and development of the Emerging Leaders Program.
The successful applicant will have access to a range of unique and invaluable opportunities over 12 months:
- complimentary access to all RA industry events ('Golden Ticket')
- complimentary attendance at exclusive RA boardroom events, with exposure to other CEOs and influential leaders from the public and private sectors (including some travel where necessary);
- actively contribute to Emerging Leaders events, including speaking and facilitating;
- observer position on our Future Leaders Committee, contributing to the growth and development of the Future Leaders Programs;
- observer position on the D&I Committee to represent Emerging Leaders
- ability to engage in some Fellowship activities; including leadership roundtables and the research project.
How To Apply
Application for the 2021 PPP Award is now open, to apply:
- Download the application form by clicking here
- Read and understand the guidelines and purposes of the program
- Complete all application questions
- Please include a photo in your application
- Return form to Prue Northey via firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact Prue Northey at email@example.com or phone 0439 363 687
Am I eligible to apply?
Application are open to those with 0-10 years experience or under the age of 35 years of age, and whose company is a member of Roads Australia.
This award is not open to current or past Fellows, for more information on eligibility please contact Prue Northey on firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Winner - Rezarta Rushitaj
This year’s winner, Rezarta Rushitaj, is the Senior Engineer – Highways Transport, Civil Infrastructure, at AECOM.
Rezarta’s strong technical experience is matched by a passion for enhancing our industry’s gender and cultural diversity. Coming from a
non-English speaking background, Rezarta has drawn on her own experiences to support initiatives that shape a more inclusive industry.
This includes serving on Engineers Australia’s Women in Engineering Committee, being an ambassador for the Workplace Gender Equality Agency’s ‘women’s work | men’s work’ campaign, volunteering for Engineers Without Borders and promoting engineering as a career of choice by speaking to school students, presenting at forums and mentoring early career professionals through AECOM’s Graduate Mentoring Program.
We look forward to the promise, passion and pursuit that Rezarta will bring as an ambassador for RA’s Emerging Leaders over the next year and continuing to support a more diverse and inclusive industry.
The Emerging Leaders PPP Award is proudly sponsored by Transport for NSW
How does it differ from the RA Fellowship Program?
The program has evolved along similar lines to our Fellowship Program, but with some key differences:
- It targets a different professional group.*
- The emphasis is on knowledge sharing and networking rather than mentoring (although we do provide the latter in group environments).
- Participation isn't merit-based. Rather, it's open to all who fit the age/experience criteria, and who work for an RA member organisation.
Our events across Australia bring together hundreds of young professionals to share ideas, experiences and solutions, and to hear from current leaders about the challenges of 'stepping up' to the next level.
* Specifically those with 10-or-less years' industry experience, or under the age of 35
To join the Emerging Leaders network, email Prue Northey